In 2012 UMass Dartmouth is using Pivot, the newest version of the Community of Science funding opportunity search engine already in use at UMass Amherst, UMass Boston and UMass Medical School. With a comprehensive database that includes access to over 3 million collaborator profiles, Pivot allows users to search for a funding opportunity and instantly view matching faculty from inside or outside UMass Dartmouth.
- Users can save searches and receive alerts
- The interface is intuitive and easy to use.
- It is simple to narrow searches, track results and receive e-mail updates.
- Opportunities can be shared with any colleague, even non-Pivot users.
- Pivot can find "more opportunities like this".
- Faculty in Law, Arts and the Humanities will find applicable opportunities.
- Students will find it useful for scholarship and fellowship searches.
As an on-line subscription service, Pivot is available to any faculty, student or staff member logged into the University's UMDAR server. VPN access may be necessary for portable devices and computers.
Pivot offers orientation webinars for University faculty and researchers on an ongoing basis.
For help with or more information on Pivot, please contact Mary Hensel at email: firstname.lastname@example.org