Michael Goodman Ph.D., Boston University (2000)
Associate Professor and Department Chair
Specializes in Economic Development, Demographic Analysis and Housing Policy, and is Co-Editor of MassBenchmarks, the Journal of the Massachusetts Economy published by the UMass Donahue Institute in collaboration with the Federal Reserve Bank of Boston.
- The Massachusetts Economy, Regional Economic Development Policy, Education and Workforce Policy, Applied Social Science Research Methods
|ELP 571||Research Methods I: Methods and Design|
- Goodman, M. et.al.(2012) Need for Financial Education in New Bedford, Communities and Banking, Federal Reserve Bank of Boston, Volume 23, 2.
- Dawicki, C., Goodman, M. & Vaisanen, R. (2012) Educational Collaboration in Berkshire County Obstacles and Opportunities. An applied research report prepared for Berkshire Readiness Center at the Massachusetts College of and Liberal Arts (MCLA).
- Goodman, M. & Nakosteen, R. (2011) Diverging Destinies: The Commonwealth’s Relatively Robust but Imbalanced Economic Recovery, MassBenchmarks, Volume 13, issue 2
- Goodman, M. & Nakosteen, R. (2011) Feast or Famine Economy MassBenchmarks,Volume 13, 1
- Co-Editor, MassBenchmarks, the journal of the Massachusetts economy published by the University of Massachusetts Donahue Institute in collaboration with the Federal Reserve Bank of Boston
- Member, Board of Economic Advisors (BEA), Associated Industries of Massachusetts (AIM)
- Executive Board Member, Kaput Center for Research and Innovation in STEM Education at the University of Massachusetts Dartmouth
- Advisory Board Member, New England Public Policy Center (NEPPC), Federal Reserve Bank of Boston
- Three term past President and member of the Board of Directors, the New England Economic Partnership (NEEP)
- Public Service Director, Cooperative Central Bank of Massachusetts
- Board member, Leadership SouthCoast