SMAST facilities include:
- A 90,000 gallon underwater optic and acoustic test tank.
- A 2,200 square-foot seawater research lab with plentiful raw, filtered, heated or chilled seawater.
- A greenhouse for the growth and long-term maintenance of aquatic photosynthetic organisms under natural light.
- Three temperature-controlled rooms for long-term behavioral and physiological experiments and acclimation of marine organisms for culture and reproduction.
- Fifteen research laboratories.
- The R/V Lucky Lady, a 50-foot, diesel-powered research boat with winch and wire for sampling.
- A docking pier extended into Clark's Cove, permitting the loading and unloading of vessels and shallow-water sampling, and housing the pumping station that supplies water to the seawater research lab.
- A two-story, 32,000-square-foot building on Clark's Cove, which provides access to Buzzards Bay, and a suite of offices across New Bedford Harbor in Fairhaven.
For more information, contact: Eric Lyonnais, Facilities Manager, at 508-910-6304 or email@example.com.