The School for Marine Science and Technology (SMAST) is located in downtown New Bedford -- just 10 minutes away from the main campus. New Bedford's historic features include specialty shops, restaurants, and galleries. Our Fairhaven location is just up Route 18, 10 minutes away from New Bedford Campus.
Both the New Bedford and Fairhaven sites are conveniently located, meaning we're nearly next door to Providence and Newport, less than an hour from Boston, and just minutes from the beach.
SMAST Coastal Facility, New Bedford (SMAST I)
706 South Rodney French Blvd.
New Bedford, Massachusetts 02744-1221
- Take I-195 toward New Bedford to Route 18 south.
- After several sets of lights, Route 18 becomes Water Street, then South Rodney French Boulevard.
- Continue on South Rodney French Boulevard.
- You will pass through a hurricane dike and a beach area.
- SMAST is located at the point of South Rodney French Boulevard.
SMAST Fairhaven Facility (SMAST II)
200 Mill Road
Fairhaven, MA 02719
- Take 195 to Fairhaven (Exit 18/Rt 240)
- Get into the left hand lane as you proceed down Route 240
- At the first set of lights take a left onto Bridge St.
- At the first set of lights (the intersection of Bridge St & Mill Rd) take a left onto Mill Road.
- Once you are on Mill Rd. you will take your first left into the main entrance.
- Follow driveway into the parking lot and park in lot across from the gazebo.
- Enter through the main door (behind the gazebo) up the ramp.
- Take the elevator (on the right side of the lobby) up to the 3rd floor. Look for the sign to Room 310.