- Bond Brothers, construction managers for this project, are also overseeing the demolition of the existing building, which clears the way for construction of the new 64,115-square-foot facility.
- The expansion took a major step forward on March 14, 2016 with demolition beginning of the former Naval Reserve Center on Rodney French Boulevard in New Bedford.
- Project is currently in the construction phase.
- Construction will take place through fall of 2017.
- Total project cost: $55 million; estimated construction costs: $40.3 million.
- View the SMAST Expansion Project pdf for more details.
Join the expansion campaign
- Learn more about the SMAST Expansion
- Tour the area
- Tour the facilities
- View the floor plans
- Explore donor recognition opportunities
- Contact us
Photo gallery & press
|UMassD breaks ground...(read)|
Funding for the project made possible by