Campus Dining: Greener Choices
The Campus Dining Services - Sodexho is committed to providing healthy and nutritious meals to the campus community, while supporting local agriculture and minimizing environmental impact of its operations.
Dining services are purchasing products from local farms, serving locally grown, organic fruits and vegetables in the Residence Cafeteria.
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle
- Using Recycle mugs - guest purchase a mug and receive subsequent re-fills at a reduced price.
- Commuter café has an option of china service during lunch to reduce waste.
- Dining Service is participating in the facilities sponsored campus wide recycling program for paper, bottles and cans.
- Dining services is sending preconsumer food waste to SilverBrook Farm daily.
- NEW! Reusable eco clamshells for takeout food will also be available in commuter café.
Supporting Sustainable Agriculture
Sodexho is committed to improving the quality of daily life for people, whenever and wherever they come together. To that end, Sodexho was one of the first contract food service companies to partner with Food Alliance. This non-profit organization promotes sustainable agriculture by recognizing and rewarding farmers who produce food in environmentally friendly and socially responsible ways. Together, Sodexho and Food Alliance take responsibility for educating our customers and others in the food system about the benefits of sustainable agriculture.