There are many opportunities at UMass Dartmouth for anyone to learn about and participate in activities related to sustainability. Here are links to some ways the general public can get involved.
- Attend quarterly meetings of the Southeastern Massachusetts Council on Sustainability. Your voice is important and your ideas are welcome.
- Get involved with the Community Gardens Coalition
- Share Your Expertise or your challenges by allowing students to participate in sustainability endeavors at your home or business, by taking part in a research project yourself or by suggesting one, by presenting your perspectives to a class, by hosting a class tour of your facility or organization, etc.
- Attend some of our presentations, all of which are open to the public. The best way to keep informed about our presentations is to follow suggestion #5:
- Subscribe to the Sustainability Almanac to keep up with all the sustainability happenings on campus and in the area.
- Attend the Sustainability Film Series
- Participate in a community sustainability blog hosted by UMass Dartmouth.
- Join a virtual sustainability book group.
Do you have an idea for an event or project? Questions about sustainability? Contact the Office of Campus and Community Sustainability at (508) 910-6484.