SACHEM (Southeastern Association for Cooperation in Higher Education in Massachusetts)
Student Cross Registration Program
A collaborative effort among nine colleges in Southeastern Massachusetts, allowing full-time students at each SACHEM institution to enroll in a limited number of courses at other SACHEM institutions.
Bridgewater State College Bristol Community College Cape Cod Community College Dean College
Massachusetts Maritime Academy Massasoit Community College Stonehill College
University of Massachusetts Dartmouth Wheaton College
1. To qualify, a student must be enrolled as a degree student, on a full-time basis, in good academic standing, at one of the SACHEM institutions.
2. This benefit is offered on a space-available basis only.
3. Courses available are only those offered for credit during the regular September-May academic year. Each institution reserves the right to limit or bar access to certain programs.
4. Qualified students are allowed to enroll in a maximum of two courses at one time, subject to further limitation by home or host institution. Each institution has the option to restrict cross registration (e.g.: only for courses not available at the home institution, only for upper-class students, only for non-major courses, etc.)
5. (a) Enrollees are not charged extra tution and mandatory fees as long the SACHEM course is part of the normal full-time load at home institution.
(b) Students must have paid the equivalent of full-time tuition and fees at the home institution to qualify for waived tuition and fees at the host institution.
(c) Exchange students may be liable for course specific fees as required by the host institution.
6. The student is responsible for the following:
(a) Completion of the Approval Form at the home institution.
(b) Adherence to the procedures for cross-registration as listed hereby.
(c) Payment of laboratory, studio, or other fees.
(d) Assurance that all course pre-requisites have been met.
(e) Adherence to other academic regulations of the host institution. (The student is responsible for obtaining such regulations.)
7. Each institution reserves the right to withhold permission for cross-registration if the host institution's calendar makes it impossible for a student to complete graduation and/or course requirements by the normal date.
Students interested in cross-registrationmust follow these steps:
1. Obtain the necessary information and forms from the Office of the Registrar (Foster Admin. Bldg., First Floor, Rm. 116) of your home institution.
2. Assure eligibility by reading the regulations related to the program.
3. Complete the Cross-Registration Approval Form with all required signatures.
4. Bring the completed Cross-Registration Approval Form to the host institution indicated below in order to complete your registration.
5. At the conclusion of the course(s), request that the Registrar at the host institution forward a copy ofyour grades to your home institution.
6. Course and credit will appera as transfer work on the UMass Dartmouth transcript.
Bridgewater State College (Registrar's Office, Boyden Hall, Bridgewater, MA 02325 (508)697-1231)
Bristol Community College (Registrar's Office, Commonwealth Center, 777 Elsbree Street, Fall River, MA 02720 (508)678-2811, ext 240)
Cape Cod Community College (Registrar's Office, Admin. Bldg., Route 132, West Barnstable, MA 02668 (508)362-2131, ext 388)
Dean College (Registrar's Office, Dean Hall, Franklin, MA 02038 (508)528-9100, ext 235)
Massachusetts Maritime Academy (Registrar's Office, Harrington Academic Blgd., 101 Academy Dr., Buzzards Bay, MA 02532 (508)830-5037)
Massasoit Community College (Day Course: Registrar's Office, Admin. Bldg., One Massasoit Blvd., Brockton, MA 02402 (508)588-9100, ext 122) (Evening Course: Room C-121, Continuing Education Bldg., (508)588-9100, ext 276)
Stonehill College (Day Course: Registrar's Office, Duffy Academic Center, North Easton, MA 02357 (508)565-1464) (Evening Course: Evening Division Office, Duffy Academic Center, (508)565-1377)
Wheaton College (Office of the Registrar, Norton, MA 02766 (508)286-8247)