September - October
- Begin writing a draft of your application essay.
November - August
- Complete your application
Also send us:
- Application fee: you'll pay with a credit card online or with a check if you mail your application
- SAT/ACT scores (for freshman applicants and transfer applicants who are applying with less than 30 credits)
- Official results of an English proficiency examination. English proficiency can be waived if the student has attended a school for at least one year in which the language of instruction is English or if the student's home country is English-speaking.
|Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL): Paper-Based||550|
|Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL): Computer-Based||213|
|Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL): Internet-Based (IBT)||79|
|International English Language Testing System (IELTS)||6.5|
- Official high school transcript (for freshman applicants as well transfer applicants who are applying with less than 30 credits or who have been out of school for more than 3 years), translated into English
- For transfer students: Official college transcripts (for each school attended). Transfer credit will only be considered if college/university transcripts have been evaluated by an accredited educational agency with course descriptions.
- Declaration of Finances (PDF) Note: The Declaration of Finances and supporting financial documents must be received before an I-20 can be processed.
- Personal essay
January - August
- You can check on your acceptance status online
- When you are accepted, you will receive an acceptance package from the Office of Undergraduate Admissions
- Visit our pages for accepted students
- If you are a transfer applicant, approximately two weeks after acceptance, you should receive your course credit evaluation
- When you have decided to attend UMass Dartmouth, we request a non-refundable $200 tuition deposit (a total of $400 if you are also requesting housing). This deposit should be sent as soon as possible: freshman applicants before May 1 and transfer applicants before June 1.
April - May
- Complete and return your campus housing contract
- See you in late August for International Students Orientation
Note: Information about placement testing, if required, will be included in your acceptance package.