Special types of credit

Freshman and transfer applicants may have examination results or other educational experiences converted to credit at the university. The following are explanations of such opportunities:

The university has approved the use of the College Board College Level Examination Program (CLEP). UMass Dartmouth awards credits for CLEP Subject Examination scores at or above the 50th percentile. The equivalence of CLEP courses is determined by the academic department for that subject. This credit may be used to satisfy distribution requirements or as electives, but not normally for credit in the major program. Please note that credit is not awarded for the CLEP General Examination.

Through the Advanced Placement (AP) program of the College Board, we award advanced placement or college credit for AP examination scores of 3 or higher. We require official scores of AP examinations in order to evaluate AP courses for credit.

For military service school training, credit is evaluated according to the recommendations in the Guide to the Evaluation of Educational Experience in the Armed Services, prepared by the American Council on Education.