Listed below is an estimated time frame for your junior year. Throughout your junior year you should take as many college tours as possible. Visit again any schools that you are really interested in.
- Talk to your counselor about registering for the PSAT in October
- Be sure you are taking challenging courses
- Enroll in a SAT Prep course to prepare for the SAT test in the spring
- Meet with tutors as soon as you are seeing any academic problems
- Take the PSAT test
- Continue to work with tutors on your academics
- Begin reviewing college characteristics to identify your interests
- Meet with guidance counselors to assure you are taking the necessary classes for college admittance
November - June
- Visit colleges
- Make connections with Admission Counselors at Colleges
- Visit as many college fairs as possible and continue to make connections with admissions counselors
- If possible visit schools from the college fairs and request informational sessions at the college. You may have an opportunity to meet with the same admission counselors and this will strengthen your relationship with the college.
- Begin researching scholarships
- TAKE THE SAT IN MAY OR JUNE
- Be sure to check the registration deadlines They are due four to six weeks prior to the test date.
Junior Year Summer
- Write, email, or call colleges to request applications
- Visit college web sites to either apply online or download applications
- Begin working on your applications
- Continue researching scholarships
- Register for the SAT test in the fall (October or November test date)