Sub-sections are listed beneath a section in the order that they were created. The SUBSECTIONS tab allows you to reorder and control what order the sections appear in.
Note the difference between re-ordering sub-sections, and MOVE, which lets you move a section (or sub-section) to a different section of your site.
To begin: At SITE STRUCTURE, use the floating menu to choose MODIFY SECTION at the parent section of the subsections you wish to modify. Then select the SUBSECTIONS tab.
There are both manual (more commonly used) and automatic ordering options.
You can manually reorder an individual a section by moving it up one place, or down one place, in the order listing.
1. Unclick Enabled. (Locked/unlocked doesn’t apply to manual ordering.)
2. Click the move up or move down arrow (inside arrows) associated with the section that you wish to move.
Note: You can also choose to move a section to the top or bottom of the order: Click the move to top arrow or move to bottom arrow (outside arrows) associated with the section you wish to move.
3. Click SAVE CHANGES once you’ve made all of your changes. You’ll then return to the Site Structure.
The options are:
- Alphabetical (A-Z) – Arrange the content items alphabetically from A to Z.
- Alphabetical (Z-A) – Arrange the content items from Z to A, i.e. in reverse alphabetical order.
- Last Updated (Recent First) – Arrange the content items according to when they were last updated. The most recently updated item will be listed first.
- Last Updated (Recent Last) – Arrange the content items according to when they were last updated. The most recently updated item will be listed last.
As you can see, they’re not typical ordering options for web pages and so would have limited use. In case you need to use:
1. To reorder sections automatically, select the Enabled check box.
2. The method drop-down list enables you to choose an option. Be sure the lock is off (“x”) for any sections you want to re-order automatically. Sections that are locked (√) will not be grouped with any ordered content items and will, by default, be listed above any ordered sections. Once a section’s lock status has been altered, the section’s order list will be updated.
3. Select the re-ordering method you want to use.
4. Click SAVE CHANGES. This will take you back to the Site Structure screen.