- Zimbra is a collaboration suite which combines email, calendar, and address books(contacts) within a single web based application
- Zimbra will allow synchronization email, calendar, and address books many with mobile devices and PDAs
- Zimbra will replace WebMail by offering an improved email interface plus additional services similar to those found in Gmail, Yahoo! Mail, Hotmail, etc.
- Collaboration suite of email, calendaring, address book, task list, file sharing(with Briefcase), and secure IM or Instant Messaging. (Secure IM portion to be deployed at a later date)
- Ability to share email boxes, calendars, address books, and task lists with other on campus users
- Synchronize to many mobile devices such as iPhone, Windows Mobile, Palm, and Blackberry(email synch only).
Zimbra Supported Hardware/Software
The best client for complete functionality is the web based client using one of the browsers listed below
- Browsers-FireFox 2.x or higher, Internet Explorer 6.x or higher, Safari 3.x or higher
- Non Browser clients-Outlook, Thunderbird(email only, no calendaring or combined addressbook available)
- PDAs-iPhone, Windows Mobile 6 or higher, Palm, Blackberry(email synch only)