- Zimbra is a collaboration suite which combines email, calendar, and address books(contacts) within a single web based application
- Zimbra will replace Email and MeetingMaker applications, provide an improved interface, plus additional services similar to those found in Gmail, Yahoo! Mail, Hotmail, etc.
- Collaboration suite of email and calendaring in a single web application (eliminates separate email and MeetingMaker applications). It also provides address book, task list, and file sharing(with Briefcase), and secure IM(Instant Messaging). Secure IM functionality to be added later
- Store and share attachments with others
- Ability to share email boxes, calendars, address books, and task lists with other on-campus users
- All email stored on server, no more POP email and potential loss on workstations
- Microsoft Exchange compatibility
- Synchronize to many mobile devices such as iPhone, Windows Mobile, Palm and Blackberry(email synch only)
Zimbra Migration Steps
- Contact CITS for a presentation and demonstration
- Delete any old email in the In and Sent boxes, and empty the trash
- Visit emailupgrade.umassd.edu
- Validate that you have deleted enough email for conversion
- Convert the email Enjoy Zimbra
The CITS IT Service Center will be available to assist departments with conversion.