The Controller’s Office is responsible for financial management and reporting, tax compliance and controlling the proper use of funds in accordance with Federal, State, and University policies and procedures.
Our office provides financial guidance, information, and control to departments; prepares campus financial statements; coordinates records management; maintains business continuity; and serves as liaison to internal and external auditors.
Internal control plan
Internal Controls are the structure, policies and procedures used to ensure UMass and all of the campuses accomplish its objectives and meets its responsibilities. It is a process guided by management, designed to provide reasonable assurance in the following categories:
- Effectiveness and efficiency of operations
- Reliability of financial reporting
- Compliance with University Trustee Policy and President’s Office Guidelines
- Compliance with applicable state and federal laws and regulations, and
- Safeguarding University assets and resources
- Standard Mileage Rate (PDF)
- Finance Monthly Closing Dates - FY2023 (PDF)
- Approved Fringe Benefit and Payroll Tax Rates - FY2023 (PDF)
- Approved Fringe Benefit and Payroll Tax Rates - FY2022 (PDF)
For a listing of financial reports of the UMass system, please visit the Office of the President.