Student Reimbursements


The following instructions cover the process of reimbursement to a student for travel and/or miscellaneous expenses.


Student with Employee ID #:

1. If a student has an employee identification number and is receiving a payroll check then all reimbursements to that student must follow the same guidelines as a regular employee and are handled through the Peoplesoft Travel and Expense Module.

2. The request for student reimbursement should go through the students supervisor and an email should be sent to CITS, Access Management with the students name and ID number and the person responsible for entering the reimbursement into the system.

3. Once the reimbursement is done and the expense report printed, the student will have to sign the paperwork before it is sent to accounts payable.

            The reimbursement, once approved, will appear on the student’s paycheck.
            Note: the approval must be fully completed 8 days before the scheduled paycycle to make payroll.


­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­Student without Employee ID #:                                                               

1. If a student does not receive a payroll check and requires reimbursement for travel, then the department would do a travel reimbursement form and submit the signed and approved paperwork, with original receipts to accounts payable for processing payment. The paperwork should have the Student ID. number on it and full address.

2. Departments that deal with student travel should have a travel authorization, fully signed and on file for liability purposes.

3. Student reimbursements for food or goods purchased for a student organization would be required to complete and sign a Direct Reimbursement Form and attach original receipts and submit to accounts payable for processing payment. Also listing full address and student I.D.#.

Both of these forms can be found at: