Interested in helping out?
Whether you would like to volunteer at Arnie’s Cupboard, or sponsor a food drive or fundraiser, please contact us at: 508-999-8872 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please complete the following application. Note: all volunteers are required to attend a volunteer training, even if you have volunteered in a pantry before. You will be notified of the next training session by email.
Application Link: Please click here to complete the application.
Thank you for your interest in volunteering at Arnie's Cupboard!
- Support the mission of the cupboard.
- Attend a volunteer training.
- Be familiar with all pantry policies and procedures.
- Be aware of other resources and organizations available for cupboard users.
- Be punctual, dependable, and reliable.
- Follow basic food safety guidelines.
- Protect the confidentiality of cupboard users.
- Be reasonably accessible through phone calls and emails.
- Give the coordinator or designee at least 24 hours notice if you can’t make your shift.
Interacting with Cupboard Guests
- Greet guests with a friendly and welcoming attitude.
- Ask users to fill out an intake form if not completed online.
- Relate with users in a positive manner.
- Show genuine concern for all users of the cupboard.
- Listen, be polite, and serve in a professional manner, no matter the circumstance. • Report all concerns or problems to a supervisor immediately.
- Help direct users to specific foods upon request.
- Pack users’ food in grocery bags.
- Weigh and log the amount of food taken by each user.
Inventory and Maintenance
- Track, weigh, and shelve all donated food items.
- Shelve food items, toiletries, and supplies where they belong in the pantry.
- Sort through food items, evaluate their fitness, and discard expired food weekly.
- Disinfect and wipe down surfaces that are exposed to food.
- Sweep floors.
- Restock hand sanitizer, soap and paper towel dispensers.(if necessary)
- Empty trash bins as needed.