UMass Dartmouth’s Master in Professional Writing program meets a growing demand for professional and technical writers who can:
- Excel in the communication of information and ideas
- Research and assess audience needs
- Develop materials, using a range of tools and media
- Collaborate in and lead teams
We offer competitive stipends and tuition credits:
- Teaching Fellowships in business and technical communication
- Graduate Assistantships in writing center programming, public relations, grant writing, and web authoring
Master in Professional Writing
Earn a Master of Arts degree while developing the skills needed to communicate complex ideas and information to a wide variety of audiences.
Graduate Certificate in Professional Writing
You will develop new professional writing skills while taking 4 courses that place a special emphasis on practical work tailored to your work setting, situation, and community.
Accelerated Master in Professional Writing Program
This option is only available for UMass Dartmouth undergraduate English majors. Students complete either the Master of Arts in Professional Writing or the Master of Arts in Teaching Secondary English in only one additional year of study.