Be a professional communicator
UMass Dartmouth’s Professional Writing & Communication program meets a growing demand for professional and technical communicators who can:
- Communicate information and ideas to multiple audiences
- Research and assess audience needs
- Develop materials, using a range of tools and media
- Collaborate in and lead teams
To meet that demand, we offer several degree options with full- and part-time options for students:
- Accelerated Master’s in Professional Writing & Communication
- Master’s in Professional Writing & Communication
- Graduate Certificate in Professional Writing & Communication
We offer competitive stipends and tuition credits:
- Teaching Fellowships in business and technical communication
- Graduate Assistantships in writing center programming, public relations, grant writing, and web authoring
The Master in Professional Writing Program prepared Kris Cambra to work in higher education
Kris Cambra, Director of Biomedical Communications at Brown University, used her master's degree in professional writing to help her advance in higher education.
Master of Professional Writing offers broad curriculum that helps bridge the gap between science and communications
UMass Dartmouth’s Master of Professional Writing Program (MPW) helped Meg Cichon further her writing career and network in the science and university communities.
Alumna joins Akamai Technologies
For Nikhila Vijaybhaskar, joining the Master in Professional Writing program was absolutely the right move. It led to her dream job.
Master in Professional Writing alumna earns full-time position at major corporation
Kathleen Landers knew she wanted to advance and improve her writing style before she went into the workforce.