To be considered for the accelerated program, you need to have:
- A GPA of 3.2 or higher
- Completed ENL 257 (Intro to Rhetorical Studies)
- Completed ENL 355 (Rhetorical Theory) or ENL 357 (Special Topics in Rhetoric)
- Completed of at least one 300-level professional writing course
Undergraduate students accepted into the program take one graduate course during the spring semster of their senior year. Students then complete the degree over the following summer, fall, and spring semesters.
Application materials must be submitted to the graduate studies office by December 1.
- Application form
- A personal statement explaining your background and professional goals
- Three letters of recommendation
- Official transcripts
- A 10 to 30-page portfolio of your academic and professional writing