LAR Major Requirements
LAR Core Courses (required for all majors):
ENL 260: Intermediate Writing (3 credits)
LAR 201: Introduction to Studies Across the Disciplines (3 credits)
- Two Concentrations (15 credits each) see below listing:~~~~~~~Concentration Selection Sheet~~download now!
- Art History Concentration
- Economics Concentration
- English Options (choose one): English Writing Concentration.; English Literature Concentration
- Foreign Languages Concentration
- History ~ Prior to 2012)
- HST CONCENTRATION FORM
- Philosophy Concentration
- Political Science Concentration
- Portuguese Studies Concentration
- Sociology/Anthropology Concentration (SOA)
- Sustainability Studies Concentration
- Urban Studies Concentration
- Women's & Gender Studies Concentration
LAR 401: Capstone Seminar in Multidisciplinary Studies (3 credits)
This course is topic oriented and requires students to pursue the development of assignments requiring multidisciplinary approaches.
Note: Seven of the 10 classes must be at the 300 or 400 levels. Pre-requisites in the major concentration department are the student’s responsibility and do not count towards the 15 credits in each concentration unless listed as a concentration requirement.
Total Credits for the Major: 36 credits with at least 21 credits in the major at the upper level, plus ENL 260.
Please print and save an advising sheet for each of your concentrations by using the above links to pdf files. Ultimately, it is the student’s responsibility to fulfill all requirements for the major, the B.A., and College GenEd and/or University Studies.