Welcome prospective majors!
Curious about the Liberal Arts Major? View the LAR Homepage for an overview of the major, then learn more about a major that you can
- tailor to meet your own interests in the Social Sciences and/or Humanities,
- use to advance your understanding of the world and ability to think critically, and
- offer to the many employers who will look favorably on your degree.
How to decide on the LAR Major
- Choosing a Major
About declaring the LAR Major
- UMass Dartmouth students and students transferring to UMass Dartmouth who wish to declare LAR as a major must carry a GPA of 2.0.
- To declare the major, you must see Director Shari Evans. Email the LAR Secretary, Cheryl Bednarik, to set up an appointment with Dr. Evans or ask questions.
- You must select your two concentration areas when you declare. See Choosing Your Concentration for ideas about making your two concentration choices.
- You will be assigned an academic advisor when you declare, and you've reached 45 credits or above.
Potential new or transfer students: check out Admissions.
Email Cheryl Bednarik for an appointment with Dr. Evans or to chat about LAR.
Director Shari Evans welcomes questions or comments about information, your personal interest in LAR, or your concerns.