Buzzards Bay Writing Project Links
BBWP Brochure (pdf)
Request for Funding (pdf)
A National Writing Project site
The Buzzards Bay Writing Project professional development programs:
- Integrate research
- Focus on shared practice
- Offer continuous reflection
- Provide hands-on interactivity
- Engage the teachers as learners.
All offerings can take place on site in your district.
Participants who meet program and attendance requirements can receive PDPs from the University of Massachusetts Dartmouth.
Professional Development: Philosophy and Formats
Professional development programs emphasize:
- The "teacher teaching teachers" model
- Engaging teachers in the learning process
- Utilizing the latest research and teaching strategies
- Building a collegial environment
Our aim is to support teacher leaders who will work together toward long-term change to transform school culture and classroom instructional practice.
Our professional development workshops are available in a variety of formats that enable us to choose the one that works best for your school or district. These formats include:
- Professional Days
- Credit Courses
- Demonstration Sessions
- Summer Programs
- Custom-Designed Workshops
Procedures and Costs
For more information, contact Diana Grady, Director, at email@example.com to set up a planning meeting. This meeting can take place either in person or on the phone.