The major in Women's and Gender Studies comprises 12 courses (36 credits):
- 5 core courses for 15 credits
- WGS 101: Introduction to Women’s and Gender Studies. Offered every semester.
- WGS 201: Introduction to Feminist Theory. Offered in the fall semester.
- WGS 312: Feminist Research Methods. Offered in the fall semester.
- One upper-level Feminist Theory course. Offered in the spring semester. Prerequisite: WGS 201.
- WGS 499: WGS Capstone Seminar. Offered in the spring semester.
- 1 course in each of the following Focus Areas, for a total of 12 credits:
- 2 additional courses in 1 of the 4 Focus Areas (6 credits)
- An internship / or / 1 elective WGS course (3 credits)
Note: 7 of the 12 courses must be 300-/400-level courses. This includes WGS 312, WGS 499, and your upper-level feminist theory course.
Do you want to major in Women's and Gender Studies? Please contact Prof. Heidi Berggren, Chair of Women's and Gender Studies, ext. 8272, LArts 328.
Undergraduate Major/Minor/Concentration Add/Change/Drop Form