You must hold a bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university to apply for the MBA. Your application will be considered based on the following materials:
- Graduate application form
- Application fee (credit card if using the web application; otherwise, check or money order)
- GMAT test score* (or an equivalent test)
- Your resume
- Statement of purpose: a 1-2 page essay describing your motivation and goals in studying for the MBA
- Official college transcripts (listing courses taken, grades and degree(s) received)**
- Two letters of recommendation, preferably one from a faculty member and one from an employer
- International students: TOEFL score report (official copy from ETS)
*The GMAT requirement may be waived if certain criteria are met.
** Students must provide original transcripts from all institutions of higher learning attended showing grades.
You may send all items together (preferred) or separately, via email or mail. We must have all items to evaluate your application.
Send materials to
Graduate Studies Office
University of Massachusetts Dartmouth
285 Old Westport Road
North Dartmouth, MA 02747-2300
- An earned a baccalaureate degree (or the equivalent of a USA baccalaureate degree) in any major/discipline from an accredited college/university with a cumulative GPA of at least 3.00 on a 4.00 scale.
- An earned terminal graduate degree (PhD, MD, JD, DNP, DBA, etc.) from an accredited institution.
- Licensure in the United States as a Certified Public Accountant or Certified Financial Planner. Other certification programs may also qualify for this waiver at the discretion of UMass Dartmouth.
- At least five (5) years of managerial/supervisory work experience. Minimum documentation required: Letter of recommendation from at least one (1) employer (preferably current employer) and resume which cites months and years of all employment, all employer(s) name(s), all job title(s), and specific description(s) of managerial/supervisory duties.
- An earned Graduate Certificate from the Charlton College of Business at the University of Massachusetts Dartmouth with a cumulative GPA of at least 3.30.
Applicants whose GMAT requirement is waived may still be required to take Foundation courses prior to beginning the MBA coursework.
Download the GMAT Waiver Request form