Corsair Desktop for Engineering gives students in the College of Engineering access to licensed software specific to their major.
Full Access via VMWare Horizon Client
To use Corsair Desktop for Engineering on your own computer or mobile device, follow the instructions below to install and configure the VMware software for your operating system.
- VDI VMware Setup for Android
- VDI VMware Setup for iOS
- VDI VMware Setup for MacOS
- VDI VMware Setup for Windows 7 (please note that Microsoft no longer supports Windows 7)
- VDI VMware Setup for Windows 10
Web Browser Access with Limited Features
Corsair Desktop is also available via the web at https://view.umassd.edu/. However, the web version does not support USB storage, and performance is generally better using the VMware client software.
Where do I save my files?
- Do not save to the virtual computer; your work will be lost when you log off.
- CITS strongly encourages OneDrive to save and store files. Access OneDrive directly through the Microsoft Office applications. OneDrive is also accessible via Office 365 through the web, or by using the Microsoft OneDrive application on your phone or mobile device.
- You may configure the VMware software to allow access to your local hard drive and USB storage.
Help and Feedback
For help with Corsair Desktop, please use our online IT Help form or contact the IT Service Center at 508.999.8900.