Printless lets you print from your laptop, your mobile device, or from your room. The expanded printing capability lets you send a print job to any one of the CITS Xerox PrintLess release stations:
- Campus Center, game room
- Charlton College of Business Learning Pavillion, 2nd floor
- Claire T. Carney Library, 1st floor Learning Commons
- Claire T. Carney Library, 2nd floor Scholarly Commons
- CVPA, ground floor lobby
- Dion, 1st floor lobby
- LARTS Commons
- Liberal Arts, North Atrium 1st floor
- SENG, South Atrium, 1st floor
- Cedar Dell West, common area
- Oak Glen, 1st floor lobby
- Woodland Commons, mailbox room
The simplest way to print is using your UMassD email account. Login to your UMass Dartmouth email with your credentials then send the document as an attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org for black and white printing, or email@example.com for color printing.
Important; You can only print attachments at the Xerox PrintLess printers, not at the HP printers in the computer labs.
The following attachment file types are supported:
- Adobe Portable Document Format (PDF)
- Microsoft Word (.docx)
- Microsoft Excel (.xlsx)
- Microsoft PowerPoint (.pptx)
- Microsoft Visio (.vsdx)
- Image Files (.jpg, .gif, .png, .bmp)
- Text Files (.rtf, .txt, .csv)
Remember that text and image files must be attached. They cannot be in the body of the email message.
If you need to print a different file format, print in color, or have other printing needs, you can also print directly from your laptop.
The laptop printing option works from any computer on campus with a valid UMass Dartmouth network connection or with VPN access.
Stop by within two hours to release the print job from the print queue.