COVID-19 Testing Information
All students who live on campus or have at least one face-to-face course on campus are required to be tested for COVID-19 weekly. Schedule your appointment through the UMass Dartmouth Health Services Patient Portal.
Protecting the health and safety of students while enabling them to continue progress towards their educational goals is the most important part of our planning efforts. UMass Dartmouth is committed to supporting Black, Indigenous, and People of Color (BIPOC) members of our campus community who have been disproportionally affected by COVID-19. This includes counseling, academic advising, and all necessary support services.
- All students are required to complete the UMassD Shared Responsibility Compact. This virtual form will confirm our community’s commitment to all UMass Dartmouth required safety practices.
- Students must adhere to all safety and wellbeing protocols.
- If a positive COVID-19 case is detected and contact tracing identifies an individual as a close contact, that person must quarantine and be tested for COVID-19. A close contact is any individual within 6 feet of a laboratory-confirmed or probable COVID-19 patient for at least 15 minutes.
- Residential students are strongly discouraged to travel away from the immediate campus area unless necessary for work and/or emergencies.
- If a student is identified through contact tracing or tests positive, they will be required to quarantine or isolate.
- Compliance with these requirements is a condition for returning to and remaining on campus.
- Student academic support services, including advising, tutoring, writing support, etc., are available to students via various modalities. Limited face-to-face advising is available by appointment. Students should continue to use remote advising options. Please send questions and concerns to email@example.com.
- Other support services, including the Counseling Center, the Student Health Center, Access and Success, Career Center and others are available via virtual and limited face-to-face appointments. If you need assistance, please utilize this form.