Sparkle at the Star Store 2020
Capture a glimpse of SPARKLE during an AHA! Night this Thursday & then join us for a full day of entertainment on Saturday.
- Get a taste of the New Bedford culture.
- Enjoy performances by a variety of performing artists and organizations.
- Unless otherwise noted, all performances are on the City Stage (Star Store) at the corner of Purchase St. and Union St.
- A special visitor from the North Pole, sponsored by the Senator Montigny Children’s Equality & Empowerment Fund, will ride through downtown New Bedford in an antique truck and wave to children.
- This socially-distanced event is free and open to the public. Visit Sparkle at the Star Store for more details.
Special guest from the North Pole
Our very special visitor from the North Pole will be downtown from 2-4 pm on Saturday. He will ride on a firetruck in a loop starting at the Star Store up Union St to Pleasant St, east on Pleasant to William St., down William to Water St. and the back to Union St.
All children may bring their letters to Santa to deposit in a special mailbox outside the Star Store (715 Purchase St.) on Thursday evening or Saturday until 6 pm or on Saturday at the visitors’ center for the New Bedford National Whaling Historical Park off Custom House Square.
SPARKLE schedule of performances
Thursday, December 10 (AHA! Night)
5pm South Coast Brass Band (Wings Court)
6pm 3rd EYE
7pm Candida Rose
Saturday, December 12
11am New Bedford Symphony Orchestra
12pm Festival Ballet Providence*
1pm 3rd EYE, South Coast Brass Band (tent on Purchase St.) and UMass Dartmouth Choir*
2 pm UMass Dartmouth String Ensemble
3 pm South Coast Children’s Choir, UMass Dartmouth Wind Ensemble (tent on Purchase St.)
4 pm The Groovalottos
5 pm Candida Rose
All programming will be socially distanced and conducted in accordance with all MA state COVID-19 regulations. Schedule subject to change without notice.
*Because of COVID-19 restrictions these groups are not able to appear live on the City Stage. They will be represented by recordings of their performances.