Liberal Arts 386
|1999||University of WI - Madison||BS|
- Social psychology
- Cognitive Psychology
- Social constructionism
- Statistics and research methods
- Graduate seminar in social psychology
- The effect of emotion words on emotion perception
- Emotion granularity and its effects on emotional experience and perception
- Cross-cultural structure of emotions - Metaphors, Colors, and Emojis
- Embodied Cognition and Classroom Learning
- Facial expressions
- Social categorization
- Embodied cognition
- Fugate, J.M.B. & Franco, C.L. (tba).
A review of electronic facial expression research and its relationship to “basic” emotions
Frontiers in Psychology (Special Edition Nonverbal Communication)
- Fugate, J.M.B., O’Hare, A.J., Emmanuel, W.J. (2018).
Emotion words: Facing Change
Journal of Experimental Social Psychology, 79, 264-274.
- Fugate, J.M.B., Gendron, M., Nakashima, S., & Barrett, L.F. (2018).
Emotion words: Adding face value
Emotion, 5(4), 693-706.
- Dr. Fugate was awarded Scholar of the Year in 2020
- Dr. Fugate was featured in Malcolm Gladwell's 2019 best seller, Talking to Strangers