Law School / Faculty
UMass School of Law 230
|Whittier College School of Law||JD|
|University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA)||BA|
- Trust & Estates
- Products Liability
- Law Review Note Writing
- Law and inequality (race, sexuality & culture)
- Legal education, methodology and theory
Jeremiah A. Ho is Associate Professor at UMass Law. His research focuses on topics relating to law and inequality, mostly with respect to sexuality/gender, race, and culture. In addition, he also writes extensively on legal education, methodology, and theory. Professor Ho’s articles have appeared in the Yale Journal of Law & Feminism, the Harvard Journal on Legislation, The Georgetown Law Journal Online, the Journal of Legal Education, the Utah Law Review, the Kentucky Law Journal, the American University Journal on Gender, Social Policy, and the Law, the U.C. Davis Business Law Journal, and others. As a regular contributor to the Humans Rights at Home Blog, Professor Ho’s shorter pieces on sexuality and race often garner mentioning by SCOTUS Blog.
In both his scholarship and teaching, Professor Ho’s work has received significant recognition. His scholarship in law and sexuality has earned him a Dukeminier Award, specifically The Ezekiel Webber Prize, from The Williams Institute at the UCLA School of Law. The awards recognize the best in LGBTQIA+ scholarship published in law reviews each year. To recognize Professor Ho’s teaching in the classroom, the University of Massachusetts has awarded him the Manning Prize for Excellence in Teaching, a university system-wide teaching prize. At UMass Law specifically, Professor Ho has been named Professor of the Year for a record six times, an award given by students to the most outstanding member of the faculty. And in 2014, Professor Ho was selected for inclusion in Lawyers of Color’s 50 Law Professors Under 50.
Professor Ho’s TEDx-style talk on law teaching was recorded at American University, Washington College of Law as part of a curated series at LegalED. Since 2013, Professor Ho has been a contributing faculty member at the Institute for Law Teaching and Learning. Prior to joining UMass Law, Professor Ho was a visiting associate professor at Washburn University School of Law. He was the inaugural fellow at the Institute for Law Teaching and Learning, then co-sponsored by the law schools at Gonzaga University, Washburn University, and the University of Arkansas, Little Rock. Professor Ho is currently a member of the State Bar of California.
- Queering Bostock, 29 American University Journal of Gender, Social Policy & the Law 283 (2021).
- Queer Sacrifice in Masterpiece Cakeshop, 31 Yale Journal of Law & Feminism, 249 (2020).
- Preventing Neonatal Abstinence Syndrome within the Opioid Epidemic: A Uniform Facilitative Policy, 54 Harvard Journal on Legislation 423 (2017) (with Alexander O. Rovzar).
- Law as Instrumentality, 101 Marquette Law Review 107 (2017).
- Find Out What It Means to Me: The Politics of Respect and Dignity in Sexual Orientation Antidiscrimination, 2017 Utah Law Review 463 (2017).
For additional publications other than what is listed in this profile, please visit SSRN or see the attached CV.