Marni Kellogg, PhD
College of Nursing & Health Sciences / Community
Modular Unit #5 002
|2017||University of Massachusetts Lowell||PhD|
|2011||Salem State University||MSN|
- Lifespan Development
- The Professional Nursing Role
- Theoretical Foundations for Advancing Nursing
- Child and Family Nursing
Introduction to the discipline of professional nursing. Learners will examine individual values and beliefs in relation to foundational concepts, including the nursing process, and behaviors that define the discipline. The purpose of course is to build a foundation of self as nurse. The emphasis is placed on socializing the learner as an active, developing professional within the legal and ethical context and dimensions of the discipline. Learners will explore the relationship to self, individuals, families and communities utilizing the art of nursing presence and therapeutic communication. The AACN Essentials of Baccalaureate Education for Professional Nursing Practice were used to build this course.
- Kellogg, M., A. Schierberl Scherr, Ayotte, B. "Recognizing the Nursing Experience During COVID-19: Moving Toward an Intervention" Sigma Theta Tau 46th Biennial Convention, Indianapolis Indiana, November 2021..
- Kellogg, M., A. Schierberl Scherr, Ayotte, B., The Impact of the COVID-19 Pandemic on Nurses in the United States, Azusa Pacific University 16th Annual Research Symposium Webinar, April 21, 2021.
- Kellogg, M., A. Schierberl Scherr, Ayotte, B., Understanding the Experience of Nurses Working in the COVID-19 Pandemic, University of Massachusetts Dartmouth, Engaged Scholarship Symposium. February 26, 2021.
- Kellogg, M., A. Schierberl Scherr, Ayotte, B. "Impact of Secondary Traumatic Stress from COVID-19 on Nurses." Creating Healthy Work Environments 2021, Sigma Theta Tau International, February 2021.
- Kellogg, M. "A Phenomenological Investigation of the Traumatic Work Experiences of Pediatric Nurses." Sigma Theta Tau International Convention, Washington DC November 2019..
- Stress and Wellbeing in Nurses
- Secondary Traumatic Stress
- Nursing Workforce
- Kellogg, M. B., Schierberl Scherr, A. E., & Ayotte, B. J. (2021).
"All of this was awful": Exploring the experience of nurses caring for patients with COVID-19 in the United States.
Nursing Forum, doi:10.1111/nuf.12633.
- Schierberl Scherr, A. E., Ayotte, B. J. & Kellogg, M. B (2021).
Moderating roles of resilience and social support on psychiatric and practice outcomes in nurses working during the COVID-19 pandemic
Sage Open Nursing, doi: 10.1177/237796082110.
- Kellogg M. B. (2021).
Secondary traumatic stress in nursing: A Walker and Avant concept analysis
ANS. Advances in Nursing Science, 44(2), doi:10.1097/ANS.000000000.
- Kellogg, M, Knight, M., Dowling, J. & Crawford, S. (2018).
Secondary traumatic stress in pediatric nurses
Journal of Pediatric Nursing, 43, p. 97-103. doi: 10.1016/j.pedn.2018.08.016.
- Kellogg, M. B., Dowling, J. S., Knight, M., & Crawford, S. L. (2018).
Validating the secondary traumatic stress scale for pediatric nurses
Journal of Nursing Measurement, 26(3), E114–E126. doi:10.1891/1061-3749.26.3.E114.