It is the philosophy of CAS that our students act as independently as possible and develop knowledge and skills that will assist them after graduation. Thus for 2019-2020 many of our students will be using SmartPen technology which will enable them to take their own notes without needing a second person as their note taker. CAS will have a limited number of SmartPens for loan to our students.
What is a SmartPen? Please view this video link for your answer!
When students use the SmartPen they are being independent. Most importantly taking your own notes is part of the learning process.
1. Student using a Smart Pen becomes independent instead of relying on another student to supply a copy of class notes
2. According to Stanford study – taking your own notes is part of the learning process and increases the level of success. https://www.psychologicalscience.org/news/releases/take-notes-by-hand-for-better-long-term-comprehension.html
3. Student learns about inexpensive technology that may be used by them later in employment.
4. Student can download audio files of class lectures to replay.
5. Student can download their actual writing of notes and save digital copy on their computer.
6. Smart Pen is easy to use for tech savvy students.
Fall Into Your Major
Tuesday October 29th 4:00-6:00 pm
Are you interested in exploring majors and minors at UMass Dartmouth? Or are wondering if they are in the right major? Or are they looking for a minor? Please urge them to come to "Fall Into your Major," and meet with upperclassmen in majors at UMass Dartmouth. They will learn firsthand about experiences, knowledge about major, classes, opportunities, and knowledge about their professors from their peers. This is a great casual opportunity to develop community among peers and gain knowledge about the university. In addition:
- Professional advising staff will be at the event to answer particular questions students may have.
- Students will be able to explore information about career development services, study abroad and other outside classroom experiences.
- and of course....Pizza and Prizes!
Part-Time Job & Internship Fair-September 5, 12:00-3:00
The Career Center will hold its annual Part-Time Job & Internship Fair on Thursday, September 5, 2019 from 12:00-3:00 pm at the Tripp Athletic Center.
This fair is limited to recruiting exclusively for Part-Time Jobs, Paid Internships, Off-Campus Work-Study and Non-Work Study.
If you would like to register for this event, please do so by August 16th.
For more information or to register, please call Sue Foley, 508-999-8659 or email@example.com.