In this time of social distancing, it is easy to feel isolated and alone. The Counseling Center is offering Wellness Hangouts which are virtual spaces where students can come together and connect around some of the things that make life challenging, exciting, and even complicated.
Wellness Hangouts will be weekly drop-in Zoom meetings. Listed below are the types of zoom meetings available to you. If you believe you might be interested in participating this semester, please click here.
- Parenting During a Pandemic: Parenting while going to school is always a challenge, but during a pandemic, these challenges can feel endless. Come to this wellness hangout to get support from others who are coping with the maddening chaos of parenting in this pandemonium.
- Students in Quarantine: Getting used to the "normal-for-now" life in a pandemic is difficult, but all the more so if you are required to quarantine yourself from those around you. This wellness hangout is a place to connect with others who are also in quarantine.
- Grief and Loss: Grief is a natural reaction to loss. If you are dealing with the loss of a loved one, this wellness hangout is a safe space to connect with others who are also processing their loss.
- Students of Color: This wellness hangout provides a safe, supportive space for students of color to talk about issues that are important to them without judgment or fear.
- First-Year Experience: The first year of college can be overwhelming - so much is new and unfamiliar. This wellness hangout is for first-year students to come together to support one another through the trials and successes of your first year at UMassD.
- Mindful Moments: Come learn how to use mindfulness to decrease anxiety, increase calm, and improve your life in this skills-based wellness hangout. Please note, this wellness hangout is open to faculty, staff, and students.
- Stress Less... Sleep More: The impacts of overwhelming stress can reach every part of our lives - academic, social, physical, mental, and emotional. Come to this wellness hangout to learn how to manage your stress - and sleep better - to be successful in all areas of your life.
Wellness Hangouts also includes group therapy!
For many mental health concerns, group therapy is the treatment of choice. Group offers several benefits over individual therapy. The Counseling Center is offering a variety of group therapy sessions that meet weekly. If you are interested, or would like more information, please click here.