The ARC Writing and Reading Center and the STEM Learning Lab will be opening for student appointments, both prearranged and drop-in tutoring as available
- The Writing and Reading Center (WRC) provides writing, reading, study strategies assistance for all courses, ESOL support and academic support for courses in the humanities and social sciences
- Location: Liberal Arts Building, Room 010
- Hours: Mon-Thurs, 9am-7pm
- Fri, 9am-4pm
- Sun-Thurs, 7pm-10pm @ Elmwood Hall
Make 50-minute in-person appointments at our main Center (LARTS 010), by phone (508-999-8710) or online (umassd.edu/wrc)
The STEM Learning Lab is part of the Academic Resource Center (ARC),
Located in the Science & Engineering (SENG) building, room 217, the mission of the STEM Learning Lab is to improve and advance STEM learning and education of UMass Dartmouth students in order to increase retention and graduation in fields such as Chemistry, Biology, Mathematics, Engineering, and Physics, and prepare students for careers in STEM fields.
Recognizing that students come with different experiences, backgrounds, and levels of comfort in STEM areas, the Lab focuses on students from underrepresented populations as well as all undergraduate and graduate students. Staff of the STEM Learning Lab strive to provide differentiated support that is tailored to students' needs. The vision is to enhance the students' learning experience and develop them as STEM scholars. Services and resources of the STEM Learning Lab include:
- Tutoring in Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Engineering, and Mathematics subjects;
- Individualized (one-on-one) tutoring, group study spaces, tutoring and activities, and online tutoring for Math courses;
- Supplemental instruction in collaborations with the colleges;
- Access to reference material (books, notes, online, etc.);
- Access to computers for related courses and programs;
- Access to workshops for resumes, time management, use of graphing calculators, and study habits.
Good to know!
To schedule an appointment, please call 508-999-8718, visit SENG 217, or visit the website to schedule an appointment online
*Drop-in services are available, however, it is encourage students to make appointments.*Please check www.umassd.edu/arc for hours, locations and other important upcoming events.
The Multiliteracy and Communication Center is a free student support service located in LARTS 221. The Multiliteracy and Communication Center can help students write essays of all kinds, create and edit presentations, provide tips for public speaking, and help clean up students’ resumes.
Hours of Operations:
- Monday-Thursday: 10:00am – 5:00pm; Friday: 10am-3pm
- Sunday-Thursday: 6:00pm-9:00pm in the Library Learning Commons, RM 135
Please visit https://umassd.mywconline.net to book an appointment. New users to the system will need to create an account.