Skip to main content.

Earn More


Earn More

Earn your degree from UMass Dartmouth. We offer part-time undergraduate and graduate degrees, and certificate programs tailored to help busy adults reach their academic and professional goals. Take classes online, on campus, or at one of our satellite campuses on Cape Cod or in Fall River.

Veterans Services supports UMass military and veteran populations with the service and assistance you deserve.

Degree programs offered through University Extension are approved for benefits available under the GI Bill.

Eligible individuals must be or intend to be admitted as a degree candidate. It is the veteran student's responsibility to notify the Office of Veterans Affairs of any change in course credit load. The student must remain in good academic standing to maintain eligibility.

UMassD offers a number of resources for veterans.

Apply for  benefits (process takes 4-6 weeks)

  • Service members should complete VA Form 22-1990
  • Dependents should complete VA Form 22-5490
  • Dependents applying for chapter 33 benefits should complete VA Form 22-1990e
  • Application for GI benefits can also be completed using VONAPP, which is available on the Department of Veterans Affairs website:

Once admitted, contact Kristina Leonardo in the Veterans Affairs Office at 508.999.8615 to certify enrollment.

Be sure to obtain your DD214 (record of military service)

GI Bill Student Contact Information

Students who are eligible for benefits should contact the Kristina Leonardo in the Veterans Affairs Office at 508.999.8615.