- Ph.D. in Civil Engineering, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, 2011
- M.Sc. in Civil Engineering, Sharif University of Technology, Tehran, 2005
- B.Sc. in Civil Engineering, Tehran University, Tehran, 2003
Office: Textile Building, Room 225
Dr. Asadpoure is a faculty member in the Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering at the University of Massachusetts Dartmouth. He received his Ph.D. in structural mechanics from the Department of Civil Engineering at the Johns Hopkins University. His research experience and interests are in the field of computational mechanics with emphasis on stochastic modeling and optimization of complex systems and materials. Dr. Asadpoure develops design methodologies by incorporating advanced stochastic modeling and applied statistical methods into design topology optimization resulting in materials and systems with unprecedented performance. His research includes robust and reliable device/component/system designs considering a wide range of constraints in their manufacturing, vibration, stability and/or cross physical properties.
Areas of interest
- Computational Design of Architected and Multifunctional Materials, Metamaterials
- Structural and Multidisciplinary Optimization
- Robust-based and Reliability-based Optimization
- Data-driven Optimal Design
- Uncertainty Quantification and Stochastic Mechanics
- Computational Fracture Mechanics
- CEN 202 - Mechanics of Materials
- CEN 307 - Analysis and Design of Reinforced Concrete Structures
See Google Scholar.