- Ph.D. in Civil Engineering, Lehigh University, 1994
- M.S. in Civil Engineering, Lehigh University, 1991
- B.S. in Civil Engineering, Calcutta University, India, 1985
- Send Email
- Phone: 508.999.8470
- Fax: 508.999.8964
- Office: Violette Building, Room 107A
Dr. Sukalyan Sengupta is a Professor of Civil & Environmental Engineering at the University of Massachusetts Dartmouth.
He received his M.S. and his Ph.D. degrees in Civil Engineering from Lehigh University in Bethlehem, Pennsylvania.
Dr. Sengupta is the author of a number of articles and papers in journals/conference proceedings. His research interests include physico-chemical treatment processes in hazardous waste decontamination systems, mathematical modeling of groundwater flow and contaminant transport systems, and process modeling of water/wastewater treatment systems.
Dr. Sengupta is a member of the American Society of Civil Engineers, American Water Works Association, Association of Environmental Engineering and Science Professors, Materials Research Society, Water Environment Federation and the American Chemical Society.
Areas of interest
- Adsorbents and Ion-Exchangers
- Nutrient Removal and Recovery
- Reuse of Solid Wastes
- Wastewater Treatment
- Water Treatment