EGR 500 Information
Curricular Practical Training (CPT) information is available from
International Student & Scholar Center website. If you need CPT work permission for an internship job, you are required to register EGR500 course.
In order to register for EGR 500 course, a student needs to:
- Obtain a support letter describing work responsibility to prove the merit of the internshipfrom the industry sponsor.
- Prepare a proposal that describes the project objective and outcome.
- Fill out the EGR 500 Registration Form.
- Find one faculty sponsor and get approval.
- Submitthe form and the proposal to CIS department office.
The minimum requirements for an internship to qualify earning EGR 500 credits are:
- Demand skills at least on the level of junior or senior CS students.
- Should be on-site to gain industry experience.
- Should be paid at reasonable rate.
In order to complete EGR500 course, the student needs to:
- Submit a report to the faculty sponsor no later than 1 month after the course period ends.
- Make a presentation to the graduate committee.
EGR500 Proposal Outline
Proposal Title: EGR 500 Project Proposal
Student Name (your name):
Faculty Sponsor Name:
Project description: (including how it relates to your study here and how it would help you in your future career)
Project outcome: expected results(should be related to the job description in your offer letter)