Ph.D. in Mechanical Engineering, University of Toronto, 2010
M.A.Sc in Mechanical Engineering, University of Toronto, 2006
B.Sc. in Mechanical Engineering, University of Tehran, 1999
Office: Textile Building, Room 207
Afsoon Amirzadeh joined the Mechanical Engineering Department in 2011. She obtained her PhD in Mechanical Engineering from the University of Toronto in 2010. During her graduate studies at the Centre for Advanced Coating Technologies (CACT), Dr. Amirzadeh designed a pneumatic drop-on-demand droplet generator for producing micro-droplets (< 100 microns) of aqueous solutions and molten metals, with applications in bioengineering, rapid prototyping, and micro-soldering. In addition to academic research and teaching, Dr. Amirzadeh gained industrial experience as an experimentalist, and established a climate simulation lab to test auto vehicle parts using international standards.
Ontario Graduate Scholarship, Government of Ontario, Canada (2008 and 2009).
Ontario Graduate Scholarship in Science and Technology, Government of Ontario, University of Toronto, DuPont Canada (2006 and 2007).
- Solid Mechanics: Statics and Dynamics
- Mechanical System Design and Control
- Design of Machine Elements
- Renewable Energy
- Fluid Mechanics and Heat Transfer
Peer-reviewed journal papers
- Amirzadeh, M. Raessi, and S. Chandra, Producing molten metal droplets smaller than the nozzle diameter using a pneumatic drop-on-demand generator, Exp. Therm. Fluid Sci., Vol. 47, pp. 26-33 (2013).
- Amirzadeh and S. Chandra, Small droplet formation in a pneumatic drop-on-demand generator: Experiments and analysis, Exp. Therm. Fluid Sci., Vol. 34, pp. 1488-1497 (2010).
- Amirzadeh and S. Chandra, Producing droplets smaller than the nozzle diameter by using a pneumatic drop-on-demand droplet generator, Exp. Fluids, Vol. 44, pp. 105-114 (2008).
- Amirzadeh* and S. Chandra, Analytical and experimental study of small droplet formation in a pneumatic drop-on-demand generator, International Conference on Liquid Atomization and Spray Systems ICLASS, Vail, CO, July 26-30 2009.
Publication in refereed conference proceedings (* indicates the presenter)
- Amirzadeh* and S. Chandra, Producing small molten tin droplets by using a pneumatic droplet generator, Proceedings of the 20th Annual ILASS-Americas Conference, Chicago, IL, May 15-18, 2007.
- Amirzadeh* and S. Chandra, Producing droplets smaller than the nozzle diameter by using a pneumatic droplet generator, Proceedings of the 19th Annual ILASS-Americas Conference, Toronto, ON, May 23-26, 2006.