MS in Healthcare Management (MSHM)
Candidates must submit the required application materials and application fee to Graduate Studies. Applications are reviewed and judged on the following criteria:
- Official transcripts from all institutions of higher learning attended.
- GMAT exam or equivalent: The GMAT requirement is waived* if the applicant proves, to UMass Dartmouth's satisfaction, any of the following:
- An earned baccalaureate business degree from an institution accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB) with a cumulative undergraduate GPA of at least 3.5.
- An earned baccalaureate degree in any major from an accredited institution with a cumulative undergraduate GPA of at least 3.0 and a minimum of 5 years of post-baccalaureate professional work experience, including supervisory roles with increased responsibility.
- An earned terminal graduate degree (PhD, MD, JD, DNP, DBA, etc.) from an accredited institution.
- Licensure in the United States as a Certified Public Accountant or Certified Financial Planner. Other certification programs may also qualify for this waiver at the discretion of UMass Dartmouth. The applicant can fulfill the documentation requirement by submitting official transcripts and a description of the work experience, signed and dated by the applicant/employee and his/her supervisor.
- Two letters of recommendation, preferably 1 from a faculty member and 1 from an employer.
- A personal statement (minimum 300 words) explaining the applicant's career goals and motivation for the degree.
- Current resume.
- Candidates whose bachelor’s degree was not earned in an approved English-language country must submit either the TOEFL exam (minimum score of 72 internet-based or 533 paper-based) or IELTS exam (minimum band score of 6.0).
* Applicants whose GMAT requirement is waived may still be required to take Foundation courses prior to beginning the graduate coursework. Exceptions and waivers will be considered on a case-by-case basis.