Public Administration Bachelor of Arts
Advance your education at UMassD
With a BA degree in Public Administration, you'll acquire the analytical, critical thinking, and writing skills necessary to excel in your career. You will be prepared to work in the public sector at the local, state, or federal level, particularly in human or social services.
You will learn to:
- understand concepts, theories and empirical findings in public administration
- design research and perform data analysis & interpretation
- understand and synthesize professional and popular writing on public affairs
- formulate and analyze arguments including their structure and force
- assess the relevance and weight of evidence
- write clearly and persuasively
- organize your ideas in a focused paper or presentation
If you're interested in preparing to take on a role in budgetary or financial management, learn about what our Bachelor of Science in Public Administration offers.
To earn your degree, you'll need 120 credits, with 36 credits in your major.
- Introductory-level American government course
- Upper-level public administration course
- Microeconomics and Macroeconomics
- Business Communication
- Internship course
- Senior capstone in Public Administration.
UMass Dartmouth advanced degrees
UMass Dartmouth Advantages
Customize your education and receive the help and guidance to finish as planned:
- Generous transfer policy
- Value and affordability of a UMass education
- One-on-one personal advising from enrollment through graduation
- Free online and in-person tutoring and writing center
Learning Style: Online
Online courses are taught by UMass Dartmouth faculty to provide high quality instruction and personal attention. Students have the flexibility to accommodate work and home responsibilities within the structure of defined assignment due dates.