- Annual Request for Alterations or Renovation Form
- Request for Space FORM
- Request for Research Space FORM
- CAD or Drawing Request FORM
The Capital Projects office renovates campus workspaces into comfortable and productive environments for students and staff.
Initiating a Request for Planning and Design Services
- Department Heads may fill out the applicable forms.
- Department Heads may suggest solutions, draw sketches of proposed arrangements, and comment on all known constraints and necessities.
- Potential changes in major equipment and building infrastructure must be noted.
- Proposed funding to cover plan implementation should be defined.
- The Department Head is required to obtain the written concurrence of their Vice Chancellor or the Provost on the request and forward it to the Assistant Vice Chancellor of Campus Master Planning | Capital Projects (CMP|CP). The AVC of CMP|CP will assign the request to a Staff Manager for processing.
- Simple revisions, such as basic flooring/furniture replacements and office/lab reassignments are not required of CMP|MP approval, but Department Heads should notify CMP|MP to ensure accurate space allocation databases.
- Facilities Service Request
Requests due to CMP|CP. Complete the Alteration/Renovation Request form and submit to AVC Campus Master Planning | Capital Projects. Vice Chancellors, Deans and/or Directors may be required to have an internal review process within their division, college, or unit.
CMP|CP Review Period
CMP|CP will review the requests. This review process will require consultation with the requester, so it is important that contact information be accurate. In some cases, the request may be a routine maintenance project that will be passed on to Facilities Operations (link to /facilities) The requester will be informed and that project will become a part of the routine Facilities Operations work order process. In some other cases, the request may be so expensive or complex that it could not be considered under our alteration or renovation project system. In those cases, the project may be included in our capital plan and the requester will be informed of that disposition. All other projects will be prioritized by CMP|CP based on the following criteria:
- Priority One: Safety/Code Compliance Issue
- Priority Two: Potential Safety Issue
- Priority Three: Serious Functional Issue
- Priority Four: Moderate Functional Issue
- Priority Five: Functional and/or Aesthetic Enhancement
We are committed to a successful implementation of this process. We will solicit your feedback each year, and we welcome your input and assistance at any time. The active University policy regarding the Allocation and Utilization of Campus Space can be found here.