This is the application you will use to apply for an on campus or online graduate program.
If you have already completed a paper application, please do not submit an electronic application. Your application is being processed.
You will not be able to submit your application without credit card payment of the non-refundable application fee at the time of submission. We currently accept Visa and MasterCard.
If you do not have a credit card, please use a paper application to apply to the university.
We cannot accept fee waivers electronically. Application fee waivers are not available for graduate or international applicants.
ALABAMA, ARKANSAS, KANSAS, MARYLAND, and MINNESOTA RESIDENTS: UMass Dartmouth does not presently consider applications for online degree or certificate programs from applicants whose permanent residence is in Alabama, Arkansas, Kansas, Maryland or Minnesota because of the regulations resulting from legislation in these states. For details about regulations in your state that may affect your enrollment in an online program offered by another state, you may wish to consult your state's Department of Education and/or learn about efforts of the National Council for State Authorization Reciprocity Agreements. If you are a resident of Alabama, Arkansas, Kansas, Maryland, or Minnesota, UMass Dartmouth welcomes your application to a face-to-face program only.
Using the online application
UMass Law applicants
The online application is recommended as being faster for you and for us.
Please read the following instructions carefully before you submit the online application:
- The online application may be completed and submitted in one sitting or you may start it and return to complete it later.
- You will need a credit card, personal information, and information about your previous, post-secondary schooling to complete the application.
- You will need to use an appropriate Internet browser (for instance, Internet Explorer 4.0 or Netscape 4.0 or higher).
- Use the tabs at the top of the application to navigate.
- Complete all required fields on the application pages, denoted by the asterisk (*).
- Use "mixed" case when supplying proper name information. "Mixed" case refers to capitalizing the first letter of proper names.
- Once your application has been submitted, you cannot make corrections to it online. Please review your application carefully before you submit. Corrections to a submitted application must be made by telephone or e-mail to the UMass Dartmouth Graduate Studies Office.
- The online application includes a list of official country codes that we cannot modify. Some country names may not be what the residents of those countries themselves would prefer to use. UMass Dartmouth is not endorsing any particular form of identifying countries or of addressing mail to them.
To apply online, prospective students must be able to pay by credit card. For your application to be complete you must submit the online application and any other supporting material (See "Required documents" above.). An application cannot be acted on until all the steps are completed.
Applicants may apply to UMass Dartmouth by downloading an application to print, complete, and mail. The application contains everything you will need to apply, including instructions.
To view and print these forms, you will need Adobe Acrobat Reader installed on your computer.
- Graduate School - Certificate Application (PDF)
- Graduate School - Recommendation Application (PDF)
- Graduate School - Assistantship Application (PDF)
- International Applicants - Visa & Finances Form (PDF)
Request an Application in the mail
Applicants may also apply to UMass Dartmouth by completing and mailing a paper application that is available through the Graduate Studies Office.
Prospective applicants may request a printed application by submitting the Graduate Application Request Form.
Thank you for choosing the University of Massachusetts Dartmouth.
Thank you for choosing the University of Massachusetts Dartmouth. Feel free to call or e-mail us if you need assistance with any aspect of your application -- at 508 999-8604 or firstname.lastname@example.org. We commit to replying promptly to queries.