Financial Information

The University of Massachusetts Dartmouth has several financial programs to assist graduate students with the cost of advanced studies. These programs apply to degree-seeking, matriculated students only. Non-degree students who have not received formal admission to the university, often called "Special Students" at UMass Dartmouth, are generally not eligible to receive financial aid.

In order to apply for any financial aid you need to complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Graduate students are not eligible for federal or state grant programs.

For the most up-to-date information on the financial aid process and scholarship opportunities, please visit the UMass Dartmouth Financial Aid web site.

Both prospective new students and students already here who wish to apply to be considered for the award of an assistantship should fill out and submit a form. At this time, there is a form for application for an assistantship in the MFA program .