Form: Release/Appeal

All students who have signed a housing contract are subject to the Terms and Conditions which state that "the contract is enforceable for the entire academic year (both semesters)."

Per the contract Terms and Conditions, the University commits to the student a residence hall space and denies other students on-campus housing based upon the signed contract.

Students wishing to: 

  • Request a Housing/Dining Contract Release
  • Appeal Administrative Billing (damages, Intersession housing, improper check-out, key/lock replacement)
  • Appeal Full Time Student Status,

should do as follows:

  1. Read Housing terms and conditions. This describes criteria that are considered for a contract release.
  2. Complete and submit the main form, Contract Release-Main, for review and consideration
  3. If your contract release request reason is:      

- Financial, also download and complete Contract Release-Financial.
Medical, also download and complete Contract Release-Medical  .

   4. Type letter to the Director of Housing that details the reason you are asking to be released.

Deliver all relevant documentation to the Main Housing Office at Oak Glen Hall, contact Jane DePina.
You may also mail/e-mail (scanned pdf)/fax completed documentation to:

UMass Dartmouth Director of Housing and Residential Life
285 Old Westport Road
North Dartmouth, MA. 02747
e-mail:     (NOTE: Damage billing appeals can be emailed to
fax #: 774 929 3024