Early arrival move-in dates for new students
- Tuesday, August 28, 6:00 - 10:00 PM (This is the required move in date for new undergraduate students)
- Wednesday, August 29, 6:00 - 10:00 PM
Navitas students should consult with the Program Director.
International Student Orientation (mandatory)
- Thursday and Friday, August 30-31, 2018 in Woodland Commons
Have you signed a contract for a room on campus?
- For housing information, please follow the Housing Options link on the Pre-arrival page
Getting here from Logan Airport in Boston
- Local (New Bedford and Dartmouth) taxi information can be found here. Uber and other public transportation options can be found here. (with international cell phones, dial +1 and then the 10-digit U.S. number.)
What do we do at Orientation?
UMass Dartmouth requires all new international students—both F-1 and J-1 students—to attend International Student Orientation in addition to orientation activities for all new students. Orientation provides information sessions about the university and life in the U.S.
One of the most important things we do at Orientation is review the regulations for maintaining your visa status.
At Orientation, we'll also:
Please watch your email for our welcome letter with further details.