Early arrival move-in date for new students
|New undergraduate students MUST move in on Tuesday, August 29, between 6:00 and 10:00 p.m.
NAVITAS students should consult the program director.
Other new students:
- Tuesday, August 29, 2017, OR Wednesday, August 30, 2017
- between 6:00 p.m. and 10:00 p.m.
International Student Orientation (mandatory)
- Thursday, August 31 AND Friday, September 1
- Woodland Commons
Have you signed a contract for a room on campus?
- For housing information, please follow the Housing Options link on the Pre-arrival page
Getting here from Logan Airport in Boston
- There is a limited DATTCO schedule between Logan Airport and UMass Dartmouth between now and August 31, 2017: Two evening buses leave Logan Airport at 8:30 p.m. and 11 p.m. There is also a free Silver Line Bus from Logan Airport to South Station in Boston and from there to campus. Check DATTCO.com for updates when purchasing tickets.
- Local (New Bedford and Dartmouth) taxi information can be found here. Uber and other public transportation options can be found here. (with international cell phones, dial +1 and then the 10-digit U.S. number.)
What do we do at Orientation?
UMass Dartmouth requires all new international students—both F-1 and J-1 students—to attend International Student Orientation in addition to orientation activities for all new students. Orientation provides information sessions about the university and life in the U.S.
One of the most important things we do at Orientation is review the regulations for maintaining your visa status.
At Orientation, we'll also:
Please watch your email for our welcome letter with further details.