Check back throughout the year for updates about outside scholarships for law students.
NOTE: Outside scholarships are counted as financial resources when calculating eligibility for funds based on your cost of attendance budget. Your cost of attendance budget, determined by enrollment and residency, is listed under the Financial Aid tab in COIN in myUMassD.
Justinian Law Society of Massachusetts
The Justinian Law Society is now accepting applications for its annual scholarship awards.
Scholarships of $2,500 awards are available to second- and third-year full time/day and all third- and fourth-year part-time/evening students with a keen interest in Italian culture and history.
In order to be considered for the scholarship, applicants must submit:
- application form
- current resume
- letter of recommendation from law school dean or professor who can attest to applicant’s abilities and character
- personal statement in the form of a letter
- current law school transcript
Completed applications must be submitted by November 23, 2018.
Berlik Law, LLC The BerlikLaw Future Virginia Lawyer Scholarship
One scholarship award of $1,500 will be awarded annually.
- Any current law school at an accredited law school in the U.S.
Completed applications must be submitted by December 15, 2018.
The winner will be announced after January 15, 2019.
DDR Lawyers Legal Scholarship
The DDR Lawyers Legal Scholarship by Dolan Dobrinsky Rosenblum, LLP is a recurring scholarship worth $1,500 designed to help one law student with their tuition costs. We welcome all eligible students to apply and look forward to reviewing your application.
- Admitted to an accredited law school in the U.S.
- 3.5 or higher GPA
- Completed Application - Incomplete or late applications will not be considered
- A 500-600 word original essay on what you hope to achieve in your legal career if awarded this scholarship
- School Transcript
Completed applications must be submitted by December 31, 2018.
A winner will be announced on or before January 31, 2019.
Other funding sources
Potential opportunities for additional financial support:
- bar associations
- organizations to which you or family members belong