Parents Attending Law School (PALS) was founded in 2013 to provide students with an organization specifically focused on non-traditional students. The organization gives students with parental responsibilities outside of law school the opportunity to connect with one another and attend social events.
- to serve as a forum for members centered on topics that are prominent in the area of non-traditional graduate students
- to help members increase their awareness of efficient law practice/legal career options for families and develop skills necessary for growth and success while meeting all other familial obligations
- to form a group of members interested in promoting and exploring the areas related to causing stress that are unique to non-traditional students
- to create a basic networking opportunity to rely on with co-peers during school and after graduation
PALS events include:
- Ice Skating Night
- Charity Youth Clothing Drive
- Day at the Zoo Event
- Festival of Lights Event
- Hiking Excursions
- Jack-O-Lantern Spectacular Visits
- Charity Holiday Card Writing Event
Additionally, PALS has hosted speakers for a panel on "Being Successful as a Parent and Lawyer" and has brought in specialists to provide "Special Education Law Training."
Membership in PALS is open to all students enrolled at UMass Law.
PALS 2016-2017 Executive Board