Chancellor Johnson welcome: opportunities for Mount Ida-UMassD students
Chancellor Johnson is excited about the opportunities ahead for the Mount Ida students who have decided to join the UMass Dartmouth family.
UMass Dartmouth will be accepting former Mount Ida students until September 1. If you have been exploring your options and would like to look at UMass Dartmouth again, we will be happy to help you make the transition.
- Complete the “Enrollment and Deposit Waiver Form,” so we can register you for classes; and a UMassD housing representative will reach out to you if you check off that you need on-campus housing.
- Complete the FERPA form so we can access your information.
- Add the UMass Dartmouth school code to your FAFSA. Our school code is 002210. This will allow the Department of Education to send us your information so we can begin reviewing you for financial aid.
Welcome to UMassD
Chancellor Johnson welcomes Mount Ida students and families to UMass Dartmouth.
UMass Dartmouth has an online Orientation program that will prepare you to enter our community. You will be provided access to this Orientation once you have submitted all your paperwork and have been registered for classes.
Please complete Online Orientation before you arrive on campus. You can refer back to it throughout the year.
Starting at UMass Dartmouth
We are making plans to greet you on campus this fall.
Monday, Sept. 3
- Move In Day: noon - 4pm
- Corsair Olympics: 4pm - midnight
Tuesday, Sept. 4
- Mt. Ida Welcome: 9:30am - 2:30pm
You’ll have lunch, meet staff and students, and have some fun finding your way around.
Wednesday, Sept. 5
- Classes start
The UMassD Guarantee
- You are guaranteed housing at UMass Dartmouth if you want to live on campus, and we are creating Mount Ida living-learning communities.
- UMassD guarantees current Mount Ida student will not pay more than $13,600 in tuition for 2018-2019 after tuition discounts, and with financial aid it may be less. In addition, tuition will not increase more than 2% per year for the next 3 years.
- Your Mount Ida credits will be applied towards graduation from UMassD, which means the time it takes for you to graduate should not be extended.
- FERPA Consent to Release Educational Records (PDF)
- Enrollment instructions (PDF)
- Enrollment and Deposit Waiver Form
If you have questions about your transition plan, contact the College that holds your degree.
College of Arts & Sciences
Charlton College of Business
College of Visual & Performing Arts
FAQs for students and families
We know Mount Ida students will have many questions. We've prepared some questions and answers - if you don't find what you need please in the FAQs, contact us at 508.999.8605.