UMass Dartmouth’s “UMassD Guarantee” to Mount Ida students:
- All Mount Ida College students in good standing will be provided automatic admission to UMass Dartmouth, a Tier 1 national research university.
- Students who enroll at UMass Dartmouth will receive support services to ensure a smooth academic, residential and social transition.
- UMass Dartmouth’s Office of Financial Aid will guarantee that Mount Ida students will pay no more than $13,600 in annual tuition (tuition at Mount Ida is $32,300), resulting in all students enjoying a lower net price and incurring less debt.
- UMass Dartmouth’s Office of Financial Aid will guarantee that Mount Ida students will pay no more than $13,600 in annual tuition for 2018-19 (tuition at Mount Ida is $32,300), resulting in all students enjoying a lower net price and incurring less debt. This tuition amount will increase at the same percentage rate as the tuition rate increase approved by the UMass Board of Trustees in following years.
- Every Mount Ida student will be guaranteed on-campus housing at standard room and board rates, and every effort will be made to keep current roommates together.
- UMass Dartmouth will preserve the culture and identity of the Mount Ida cohort by designating residence areas and living/learning communities for Mount Ida students, peer mentorship programs and other support.
- UMass Dartmouth Athletics, which also competes in NCAA Division III, will provide opportunities for Mount Ida athletes to join teams and programs.
- UMass Dartmouth will facilitate transfers for Mount Ida students to sister UMass campuses.