The UMass Dartmouth Alumni Association announces a call for nominations to its Board of Directors. As a member of the board of directors, you will be an integral part of furthering the mission of UMass Dartmouth and promoting the Alumni Association through programs and activities that engage alumni and current students. Submit an application by March 1.
The Alumni Association’s by-laws allow for the opportunity to have up to (24) twenty-four voting directors on its board. The responsibilities of a board member include:
- Collaborating with the Alumni Relations Office to provide direction and assistance to further the mission of the Association and the University.
- Building enthusiasm and actively promote the Association and the University.
- Actively promoting the mission of the Association and the University, representing the Association at University-related functions, and encouraging attendance by others at alumni events and programs.
- Recruiting volunteers to assist with Alumni Relations or UMass Dartmouth programs, projects, initiatives.
- Attending all Board meetings, in person or via conference call.
- Serving on at least one committee and attending at least three alumni events or programs per year from a determined list of events from the Alumni Office.
Alumni from UMass Dartmouth or its predecessor institutions can serve on the board of directors. Directors shall serve a three-year term. Terms are effective beginning July 1st and will end on June 30th. Board members can serve multiple terms, but no more than two consecutively. Meetings are held quarterly and members are obligated to attend all board meetings. Directors should be active on at least one committee and attend at least three alumni events or programs each year.
To nominate an alumnus, including yourself, to serve on the UMass Dartmouth Alumni Association Board of Directors, complete the online nomination form. Nominations must be received no later than 11:59 pm (Eastern Daylight Savings Time) on Sunday, March 1, 2020.
Based on the nominations received, the Nominating Committee will put forth a slate of candidates to the Alumni Board of Directors for a majority vote. Newly appointed directors will be notified by the chair of the Nominating Committee or an appointed representative and will be officially announced to all alumni prior to the first meeting of the next fiscal year.